Thursday, June 24, 2010

My tomatoe plants keep losing thier blooms.?

Does anyone know of any home remedies I can use, dont like pesticides or chemicals.My tomatoe plants keep losing thier blooms.?
Try BloomSet. You can buy it in WalMart. Just one spritz when the bloom first appears and it will stay. Also, make sure you're getting good polination. You can help the bees with this process by lightly brushing the tip of your finger across each of the blooms on each of your plants. This is like artificial polination. And keep your tomatoes protected from the wind.


Hope this helps...happy gardening!!My tomatoe plants keep losing thier blooms.?
I have tried the ';Bloom Set'; and found it to be a waste of money. Report Abuse

I don't like pesticides or chemicals either. Now my Granny always said to switch them (no I am not kidding).Do this during the heat of the day. It tends to be more effective during that time. Use like a light weight flyswatter something like that and lightly switch them...not to hard you do not want to break them off. I think this kind of helps them to pollinate or something and yes I have seen this work. I have done this. You can use like a small flexible ';switch'; from a tree or a bush. Just remember not to hard or you will do more damage than good.


Also I have tried spaying the blooms with cheap hairspray and this sometimes helps as well.


Hope this helps...I like homegrown tomatoes too.
tomato plants need plenty of sun %26amp; plenty of water .... or agree with first answer someone steeling them
The blooms aren't turning into tomatoes?





Try cow compost.
If the weather isn't right for them yet they will lose the blossoms. If it is too cold, too hot, not sunny enough etc. Also if they don't have enough water it can cause the blossoms to fall off.
tomatoes dont need insect to polinate them,they are called perfect plants.the wind can pollinate them,it can also pollinate corn the same way! here is a natural pesticide recipe that really wrks and i still use it! OK, TAKE GARLIC,AND RED PEPPER,AND A TEASPOON OF DISH SOAP AND LET IT STEEP FOR ABOUT TWO DAYS TO MAKE A TEA LIKE SUBSTANCE AND STRAIN IT AND PUT IT IN A SPRAY BOTTLE AND SPRAY ON ANY PLANTS THAT YOU DONT WANT INSECTS ON. IT WILL WORK!AND IT WONT HARM ANY PLANT AND IT WONT LEAVE ANY FLAVOR ON YOUR VEGGIES. BE SURE TO STOP USING ABOUT 2 OR 3 DAYS BEFORE HARVEST AND JUST RINSE AND YOU SJOULD DO FINE. ALSO YOU MIGHT TRY USING MIRACLE GROW TO FERTILIZE YOU TOMATOE PLANT,IT MAKES THEM STRONGER,AND MAKE MORE TOMAMTOES! I USE THESE METHODS AND I AMNOT EXAGERATING MY TOMATOE PLANTS ARE OVER 5 FT TALL WITH LOTS OF TOMATOES!
Shake your tomato plants gently to help pollinate them. That is what I did and my blooms quit falling off and I got tomatoes real soon after that.
the blooms my friend are tomatoes someone is steeling them
You need Bees. They pollinate the blossum and a tomatoe will appeare and grow.
  • hair show
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    dry skin