Thursday, June 24, 2010

Why won't my Camellia's bloom?

My Camellia's have had buds on them for a month now, but the don't bloom. They are fairly large and firm feeling. These are the first Camellia's I've ever had so I am totally confused and have no idea what to do.Why won't my Camellia's bloom?
Be patient, they will bloom when they are ready to. The worst thing for you to do would be to try to water more or fertilize more, because you might shock them. Mine here in California seem to take forever to even show buds, so yours are ahead of mine. Later, after they have flowered buy some slow release azalea, rhododendron fertilizer (camellias like the same kind) and apply it according to the package directions.


I always apply fertilizer on the drip line, which means right outside of the spot where the plant's widest branches are, where water drips off of the leaves. Don't apply fertilizer directly next to the trunk of a tree, it is wasted if you put it there, as the tree gets most of it's water from the drip line.





Good luck!
  • hair show
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    dry skin