Friday, December 11, 2009

I had split irises due to rot and some bloomed this year and some didnt could it be?

Because I didnt expose the root bulb as much as I should have?I had split irises due to rot and some bloomed this year and some didnt could it be?
It could be, but it could be that you only need to be patient and see if they bloom the next season. Is the foliage on the nonbloomers nice or do they look ill. If they look ill then I would suggest that you remove them. If they look nice then give them a chance to grow a bit more rhizome. Good LuckI had split irises due to rot and some bloomed this year and some didnt could it be?
Look up 'Iris borers'. That sounds like what you have. You will have to dig and get rid of the damaged ones, then replant.
their on many home and garden websites,they offer free advice,some even have free magazine articles on the specific subjects.
;) its possible then again maybe a defective bulb

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dry skin